Welcome to ABMUSIC
With the restrictions being lifted to 10 people per room, ABMUSIC is able to complete leadership I assessments. If you were enrolled for the course and haven't sat your assessment for this please contact our office. We are now taking enrolments for Cert III EMP & Leadership I (Music). The Admin Team will receive all inquiries and send out application forms or you can come in and fill out your enrolment.
Start Dates: Leadership I (already enrolled) - 4/5/2020
Cert III EMP - 11/5/2020 (enrolled and new students)
Leadership I Music - 11/5/2020 (new Students)
RTO CODE: 50242
ABMUSIC is an Aboriginal Corporation formed in 1986 to support and nurture Indigenous musicians in Western Australia.
From small beginnings, the Corporation has grown into a Registered Training Organisation delivering Certificates II, III and IV through to the Diploma of Music. These courses are drawn from the Music Industry Training Package in a program especially tailored for Australian Indigenous people.
Completing the full course at ABMUSIC, students are “job ready”.
• Recording Studio with up to date ‘Pro Tools’ technology for students to develop an understanding of production and engineering in the contemporary music industry.
• Ensemble Studios.
• Computer Lab for making music using Mac/ProTools/Garage Band and Reason.
• Large classrooms fitted with instruments.
• & Percussion Studio
Services for ABMUSIC students are designed especially for the Indigenous community and include:
• We provide tea/coffee/biscuits available all day in the Student Common Room but If you forget your lunch we can help there too.
• Cert III enrolled students can apply for individual tuition on their chosen instrument. Places are limited so they are allocated on a "first come, first served" basis.
• Monthly performance opportunities where students are able to practice their skills in performances for their peers, friends and family with a free sausage sizzle.
• Abmusic will provide additional training support to help students complete their studies.
Abmusic aims to create a positive environment that promotes teamwork,
self-esteem and independent learning utilizing all fields of music.
Abmusic will use all its resources to encourage feedback, participation and
support from the community and other Aboriginal organisations.
Continue to support WA Indigenous Musicians and build on a National level the networks across Australia to promote our musicians.