Welcome to ABMUSIC
UPDATES for JUNE, JULY & AUGUST !!!!
All our courses are up and running now!
If you are unemployed and have always wanted to:
learn an instrument
apply makeup like the professionals
perfect your rap and mixing skills
Just fill in an application form for one of our courses.
Beauty starts mid June and music starts mid July 2020.
Electronic Music Production course - Aug 2020.
RTO CODE: 50242
ABMUSIC is an Aboriginal Corporation formed in 1986 to support and nurture Indigenous musicians in Western Australia.
From small beginnings, the Corporation has grown into a Registered Training Organisation delivering Certificates III, IV, Diploma of Music and Leadership I, II and Beauty. These courses especially tailored for Australian Indigenous people.
Completing the full course at ABMUSIC, students are “job ready”.
• Recording Studio with up to date ‘Pro Tools’ technology for students to develop an understanding of production and engineering in the contemporary music industry.
• Ensemble Studios.
• Computer Lab for making music using Mac/ProTools/Garage Band and Reason.
• Large classrooms fitted with instruments.
• & Percussion Studio
Services for ABMUSIC students are designed especially for the Indigenous community and include:
• We provide tea/coffee/biscuits available all day in the Student Common Room but If you forget your lunch we can help there too.
• Cert III enrolled students can apply for individual tuition on their chosen instrument. Places are limited so they are allocated on a "first come, first served" basis.
• Monthly performance opportunities where students are able to practice their skills in performances for their peers, friends and family with a free sausage sizzle.
• Abmusic will provide additional training support to help students complete their studies.
Abmusic aims to create a positive environment that promotes teamwork,
self-esteem and independent learning utilizing all fields of music.
Abmusic will use all its resources to encourage feedback, participation and
support from the community and other Aboriginal organisations.
Continue to support WA Indigenous Musicians and build on a National level the networks across Australia to promote our musicians.